Jamie, Jack & Ellis’s Page

natdisasters

Natural Disasters is an amazing book. its about tornadoes, volcanoes, tsalarme, hurricanes, earthquakes, landslides and other disasters.

Pompeii is a place in  Italy, it erupted  ad79 every one living there died the place is now reuinns and you can visit it the peaple have been petrified and you can see them and learn more…

Ellis tornadoes: tornadoes are twirly of death so if you go in one you will be twirling around in it it can throw you away. the biggest one was in 1997 but i call it godzilla, and its my favorite disaster…

Tsunamis  is a wave that cavers the island with water. 230,000 people died in Indonesia in 2004….

This entry was posted in Blenheim Road. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Jamie, Jack & Ellis’s Page

1. Primary Prof says:

Hi guys, this looks like a brilliant book and thanks for posting this blog. I just wonder what a tslarame is? Did you mean something else? Can you tell me what petrified means? ‘A twirly of death’, that doesn’t sound very nice, can you tell me a bit more about it? Look forward to learning some more from you. Thanks, Prof. ☺

• oldladyteacher says:

Thanks for your comments. Jack, Jamie and Ellis have looked at the questions you asked and replied as follows,
      The tsalarme was a spelling mistake. Jamie informs me that that should be Tsunami. He practiced spelling this on the board. Jamie is also sorry about the smiley face after talking in his blog about the people who died in the Indonesian Tsunami.
      Jack explained that petrified means that you get turned into stone.
      The twirly of death was Ellis’s work. He also wanted to explain that he meant that when a tornado twirls, if you got caught in it, you would be thrown around, twirling…and would probably die.
      Thanks for loving our blog.

2. Merlin John says:

Hello Jamie, Jack and Ellis,
    This looks like a great book. I used to like them when I was in school. It’s funny how we are all fascinated by disasters, but sometimes we don’t recognise them when we are near them. I was on a beach in Goa some years back with an Indian family. I had promised the two sons I would help them learn to swim. We thought it was a bit odd that the tide came full in fully within five minutes but then put it out of our minds. The sea was bit rough and I remember advising the boys to ride with the waves to feel their own buoyancy. They wouldn’t sink and it would give them confidence.
    When we got back to their house later, TV coverage of the test match between India and Pakistan was interrupted to warn people to keep off the beaches because it was too dangerous. This was the tsunami that brought such death and destruction to people in Thailand on the other side of the land mass. We had just seen the after effects. On our local beach a huge ship that had been dumped offshore years ago could suddenly be walked out to. Previously that was not possible.
    Of course we then realised what had been happening and that we were lucky we were so far away from the devastation – but we had not recognised the warning signs. Tides don’t normally come in within five minutes!
    So I was wondering how you actually felt about reading about these events. I get a sense from your writing that you found them exciting – and they are aren’t they? The earth is capable of some mind-boggling events. Did they make you wish you could see them? Or did they frighten you when you thought about the poor people who are directly affected by them?
    I liked the expression “twirly of death”. Combining a quite nice, innocent sounding word like “twirly” with a scary one like “death” gives it quite a sinister, scary feel.
    I’m sorry it has taken me so long to write this but I was away from home, in Jamaica. They get hurricanes out there but we weren’t worried because it wasn’t the hurricane season, and the house we were in was made of concrete and stone. But in certain places you could still see damage that had been done by previous hurricanes.
    Thanks for sharing this with me as I love to read.
    Merlin